search string

Search

by localization

 

Basal Cell Carcinoma

definition

A malignant skin neoplasm that seldom metastasizes but has potentialities for local invasion and destruction. Clinically it is divided into types: nodular, cicatricial, morphaic, and erythematoid (pagetoid). More than 95% of these carcinomas occur in patients over 40. They develop on hair-bearing skin, most commonly on sun-exposed areas. Approximately 85% are found on the head and neck area and the remaining 15% on the trunk and limbs. (From Dorland, 27th ed; DeVita Jr et al., Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 3d ed, p1471)

synonyms

Basal Cell Carcinoma, Basal Cell Epithelioma, Basal Cell Cancer, Epithelioma Basocellulare, Basalioma

UMLS

Basal cell carcinoma, Basal cell carcinoma of skin, basal cell carcinoma of the skin, Basal cell carcinoma, NOS, Basal Cell Carcinomas, Basal cell epithelioma, Basal Cell Epitheliomas, Basalioma, Basiloma, BCC - Basal cell carc of skin, BCC - Basal cell carcinoma, BCC - Basal cell carcinoma of skin, cancer of the skin, basal cell, CARCINOMA BASAL CELL, carcinoma of the skin, basal cell, Carcinoma, Basal Cell, Carcinoma, Basal Cell, Pigmented, carcinoma, basal cell, skin, Carcinomas, Basal Cell, Epithelioma, Basal Cell, Epitheliomas, Basal Cell, Pigmented basal cell carcinoma, skin cancer, basal cell, SKIN CANCER, BASAL CELL CARCINOMA

images

1 images found for this diagnose localisation: lower leg, diagnosis: Basal Cell Carcinoma